Horita WTS100M Wireless Time Code System

ttin

I'm wondering, has anyone any experience with this system? It's very inexpensive ($160) and spec'd to transmit up to 100 meters.. Could this be a less expensive, viable alternative to using Comteks to send wireless timecode to slates and cameras in playback situations (like music videos, etc).. Thanks in advance!

http://www.horita.com/smpteltc.htm#WTS100M

It probably works just fine when you are close (need it the least) and much less well when you are far away in a place with a lot of RF and metal (when you need it the most).   I got along for some years taking TC from video cameras with an old Lectro 185 VHF wireless, but we were working near each other on a stage.  If you need more reach then higher tech solutions are required.

philp

" Could this be a less expensive, viable alternative to using Comteks to send wireless timecode to slates and cameras in playback situations "

sure

" features transmitters and receivers from AZDEN... "

while not our professional favorites, AZDEN actually offer some fine gear and good value for a fair price; Azden is popular with the semi-pros, where it maintains a good reputation...

• 1 month later...

It probably works just fine when you are close (need it the least) and much less well when you are far away in a place with a lot of RõF and metal (when you need it the most). I got along for some years taking TC from video cameras with an old Lectro 185 VHF wireless, but we were working near each other on a stage. If you need more reach then higher tech solutions are required.

Hi philip

I presume you used a ta5 to bnc cable, could you describe how its put together?

Many thanks

Sean