Zaxcom Camera Link

Jack Norflus

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but for those switching from STA to CL:

On the STA and IFB100, the #4&5 pins were switched around, so if you're using a cable that was wired properly for an STA (or an IFB100), you'll need to either rewire the TA connector (swapping the wires going to pins 4&5, or reverse the phase of channel 2 in the menu.

The (finally standard) wiring (according to Glenn, all new units, such as the CL, and the IFB200) is the same now as their receivers:

Pin1 - ground

Pin2 - channel 1 +

Pin3 - channel 1 -

Pin4 - channel 2 +

Pin5 - channel 2 -

I have a problem with the remote audio cable (left and right) TA3 to TA5 input for STA100. I'm coming out of the TA3 stereo bus on a 552 and can only get to -25 or so on ch1 of the new camera link with the trim cranked all the way up. If I swap out the CL for the old trx900/sta100 I get unity @ normal -20db.

Check that your 552 TA3 output levels are set properly in menu -24.  They are selectable between Mic, -10 and line.

Check that your 552 TA3 output levels are set properly in menu -24. They are selectable between Mic, -10 and line.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, line level of course. Never possible to get any level on either unit using mic level. Nothing changed in my setup except the hardware from Zaxcom. Just sharing my experience migrating to the new product from the old version.

• 1 month later...

I have been experiencing the whine as well with my camera link.  In two different situations, my 664 bag setup, and on another mixers cart with a Cantar and Audio Developments mixer setup just using the IFB function for my boom monitoring.   I think it is a ground issue, because when I take it off of his BDS and power it separately the whine goes away.  I have yet to see if this stops the whine when its in my bag.  Noticed that it also stops if the 2.4 ghz IFB TX is disabled but the unit is still on. 

• 1 month later...

I haven't had a chance to try any filters such that Glenn linked too.  The short term fix when I was using the 900CL to feed a erx for boom was to just make a little mobile kit powered by a np1 and move it further away from the cart.  The reality show i'm on now the 900CL/qrx is being used as a hop(intended purpose).  I have just turned off all the IFB stuff till I can get a chance to sit down with it.  As far as I can tell It has only been a issue when the TRX900CL is the ifb TX.  If I set up the QRX to send and 900CL to receive it is not a issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

running the CL in a small bag still doesn't always play nice with Lectro 411s.  Top lectro is battery powered, the lower off BDS.  Still lots of spray on both when Zax(26) and Lectro(25) blocks are close.  Still get a faint whine on Lectro radios occasionally when I use Zax CL, disappears if I hold the Zax CL antenna.  I'm not sure wiring a car audio amp filter would solve the alternator whine.

post-2603-0-20851600-1385777068_thumb.jp

post-2603-0-81264800-1385777086_thumb.jp