men at work boom

Colin Heath

The reflection doesn't look real to me, the way it fades off on the far left side of this still. Could you grab and post the video of this shot.

If it is real, what gets me is there must be 20 or more people all watching monitors and no one see this. I don't watch this show and don't know if this is a permanent set or not, if it is permanent the boom operator (s) should know where they will have problems with reflections and work that out.

In sitcoms, cameras are on the move all the time and these things can easily happen.  And especially when they're shooting on peds, camera placement is haphazard and not easily repeated.  They probably saw it and just didn't worry about it.  And why should they?  With a crowd of 200 people laughin' and scratchin' outside of view of the cameras and with a half-dozen microphones specifically intended to capture all that extraneous off-camera sound, the illusion of reality is thinly protected in this type of production.  With only a few takes to choose from, I've often seen them go with the one with something unintended in the shot.