Nomad additional 8 rotary fader option

glenn

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone looks forward to this option as it was the one thing that the nomad was really missing, the 788 and indeed the 644 had the higher hand until now because of the extra fader option.

I did a job in january on the nomad where the we really could have done with extra faders, the virtual faders didn't work out for us in this application.

Any pics or prices would be appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could go for that. 6 is too BIG. I just spoke with a very well regarded post mixer and he asked me; why the heck would we need 12 tracks for? In most all cases I don't. Honestly I could just use two more faders, a whole 6 pack that runs the length of the unit is too much real estate to give up for me. Anyone agree?

I look forward to the six fader panel. For me the main way I see myself using it is as trim pots when (doing reality) half the cast start yelling/clapping and you need to turn down multiple trims fast. It would also be amazing for when using more than six inputs. I am too clumsy with the whole virtual fader thing. 

Question, are each fader separately assignable to wether they are trim, fader or Zax?  

Think I remember Jack saying that it attaches to the top of the Nomad. I am guessing the is to do with with the way the mounting screws are threaded. Might just velcro it to the bottom. That would be better for the way I like to work. At the moment I have one of the thin Petrol cushions on the back wall of my bag (602) to push it away from the flap that holds removable rain/dust cover, in order to facilitate in being able to see the screen and faders.

What's all the fascination with less than 8 faders? I know we haven't seen it yet, but if you look at a Nomad it's clearly wide enough that without the LCD screen an attachment above the Nomad of the same width should easily have room for 8 faders.

Why would anyone want less functionality intentionally?

And if size is the issue, then that's like saying the CL-8 for 788t is invalid because it's the same width as the machine. Just doesn't make sense to me.

What's all the fascination with less than 8 faders? I know we haven't seen it yet, but if you look at a Nomad it's clearly wide enough that without the LCD screen an attachment above the Nomad of the same width should easily have room for 8 faders.

And if size is the issue, then that's like saying the CL-8 for 788t is invalid because it's the same width as the machine. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Agreement all around.

What's all the fascination with less than 8 faders? I know we haven't seen it yet, but if you look at a Nomad it's clearly wide enough that without the LCD screen an attachment above the Nomad of the same width should easily have room for 8 faders.

And if size is the issue, then that's like saying the CL-8 for 788t is invalid because it's the same width as the machine. Just doesn't make sense to me.

No one is saying it is invalid.

Imagine something the size of two cable techniques rx emergency.

how about a modular module..?

You said it! That would be nice.