Nomad additional 8 rotary fader option

glenn

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like a fantastic addition, Glenn (and team)! Will the PFL buttons continue to function as switches, or will there be a software option that will allow momentary functionality?

I was kinda wondering this too. The downside of PFL at the moment is that instead of being just a monitoring option, it also puts the Nomad into a 'mode' which precludes other functions being used until you exit.

Have Zax got round this?

How would this work, unless they were motorized faders? I'm guessing it's a shortcut to a panning matrix, where you can use the menu knob to click between routing options.

Fader is a hard pan left or right. Switchover at 12 o'clock position?

But yeah, I can see where this would be difficult. What happens to centre panning. How would the fader stay in position etc etc.

*deep sigh*

The removal of pan, PFL and LF roll off hardware controls is the one design decision on Nomad I can never truly get behind.

My greatest wishes for the Fader Pack all surround button presses on the new module over-riding whatever the current state of the Nomad is. 

For instance: REC and STOP will do just that, whether you're in a menu or not.  Pressing the PAN button will take you to the pan screen regardless of which Home view you're looking at.  And that the Extra Function key can INSTANTLY call up any setting you want, and not be over-ridden by the fact that you're in some menu or routing page when you need to make a change (essentially: no more hitting back repeatedly).

And yes, I think it would be really cool if somehow faders could be re-assigned for panning.  Perhaps the fader range is divided in thirds--Left third=Pan L, Right third=Pan R, Center third=Pan C.  This would make me a really happy sound mixer.

e.