Nomad additional 8 rotary fader option

glenn

When mounted the top of Nomad the opening is sealed when it is attached.

I get that Jack, but how sealed is it? Is the underside of the unit completely open to the electronics? Water has a way of getting through even tight cracks.

Obviously the Nomad itself is not water tight, but I would worry about brief rain showers and general dust that could make its way inside.

Howy is planning on making the functionality of the function key user assignable.

We like this!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FP8 was designed to be mounted to the top of Nomad - though you can potentially do a DIY bottom mount.

There are two things that need to be done. First there no metal on the bottom of the FP8 so you would need to fashion something to close the unit. Secondly you would need to make sure you have a good physical ground between Nomad and the FP8.

Given that Glenn has mentioned if there is enough interest he would design a kit that would allow you to mount the FP8 on the bottom of Nomad - or even elsewhere in the bag. I personally like it mounted on the top.

Thanks for clearing that out! Personally, I originally thought that having the FP8 on the bottom would be best for my configuration, due to it having more faders than the Nomad, the transport buttons, and it putting a bigger physical gap between the Nomad and my body in a bag (which I sought). Now, I'm not really sure that it matters. I kind of like the idea of having the bigger faders closer to me.

That said, I think having the choice is better than to not having it. But, either way, I know that I would love this in my bag!

I personally don't know what I would do with 8 more knobs but that's just me.

Nomad essentially has 18 inputs - 10 analog and 8 digital.

Will you need/use all of these inputs at the same time? Probably not.

But you can set up the FP8 faders to fade any one of the 18 inputs as well as control transmitter gain, or adjust input faders.

So 14 hardware faders can get used up pretty quickly. 

Nomad essentially has 18 inputs - 10 analog and 8 digital.

Will you need/use all of these inputs at the same time? Probably not.

But you can set up the FP8 faders to fade any one of the 18 inputs as well as control transmitter gain, or adjust input faders.

So 14 hardware faders can get used up pretty quickly.

Should be noted you can't use more than 12 inputs simultaneously. I expect the fader panel will be a great addition. I also think a half width panel will be more awkward to mount in the bag, so even if all the faders aren't being used, it will still be a nice addition.

+1 for Maxx sized FP4, although without a serial port I'm not sure it's possible. While I'm dreaming, it also does my invoicing.

IIRC the Nomad originally going to get a 4 pot add-on module, and over time that idea evolved into this. I think this would be easier to use.