Crazy-color windscreens

Jim Feeley

Rycote will do custom jobs (not sure how much they cost though...)  Some green ones were going round after a broadcaster had them done for wimbledon last year

Not sure if you need to be logged into facebook to see, but here's a link

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151576965136774.1073741833.110469726773&type=1

I ordered a couple of new Rycote Windjammers from Tyler Wade at Trew in Toronto the other day as mine are somewhat "cooked " from to many campfire scenes.  I wanted black jammers and Tyler jokingly asked if I'd like a green or brown one...I thought he was pulling my chain but apparently not. He told me they are available in lots of colors now...not sure if they are special order or not. 

I think the colored windjammers have medium hair. The long hair one is grey only, IIRC. I have a camo short hair windscreen I got on clearance from Koala (for my old Rycote/416) - I've stuck it in bushes and trees as a plant mic, and used it to hide the mic in soft, dark reflections. It's good to have, even for the one time you need it. Like a lot of our "bits".

It can be a whole new visual cliche!  Instead of having the boom mic's furry come into frame and rub the talent's face (because he said something nice, or is wearing a particular after-shave)... you can have a skunk-on-a-boom come in! ...or a green caterpillar!...