Stellavox

Wow.I used this recorder as a mixer end of the 80's when shooting on Betacam.Used the lineout to camera,and always had a reel ready for setnoise etc.Great machine.(bought the Stelladat 2 later on because of the Stella and Sonosax combination...OK Sonosax kind of 'saved' this recorder because Stella was out of business..!Cried all the way to the bank....!) 

I had an SP7 way back. the first sync recorder I owned. Great machine audio wise, and lightweight.

Until a huge salt water wave doused me and machine one day recording bow wake. It was all downhill from there even though I soaked the machine in fresh water right away, an dried it slowly. Took about a year until the motherboard was corroded too badly to use reliably.

It was back to Nagras then, cause Stellas were so rare.

Jim Rillie

• 1 year later...

I used the Stellavox as a mixer to camera in '86/'87 (I was shooting video all the time back then),and with the Stella I could record wild/setnoise stuff when not connected to camera.Nice and small machine.Later (2001) I got the Stelladat 2 (but by then it was Sonosax:most expensive recorder I ever bought.......).Nice portrait!!