Powering SRA?

jwill

I just bought a pre owned SRA and am wondering what means do you (collectively) power the SRA?

I work with several differing camera and not all have power outputs, I kind of like the idea of 9volts as I don't need yet another style battery in my kit! Your thoughts and experiences are welcome!! JHW

The Batt Sled is the best way, use Sony NPF type battes with it, or there's a add on for it to use either AA's or 9V cells, can't quite remember which.

This:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260870614622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Is a cheaper alternative to the Batt Sled, with a bit of sticky velcro and some imagination it can be just as good.

There are plenty of Homebrew solutions too, including wiring the wotsit that will clip on top of a 9V cell to a dc plug to stich in the SR amongst others.

you really can't go wrong with the sony battery sled setup. the np-f550 will run the unit for 10 hours strong, i've gotten 12+ before. and i use the b&h pearstone brand. i've got 2 sra's i use as camera hop rx's so i bought 2 of the simple wall chargers and 4 of the batteries. if you want to go even cheaper, i think for $30 you can get 2 batteries and a charger off ebay. i've heard mixed results from those tho.

you really can't go wrong with the sony battery sled setup. the np-f550 will run the unit for 10 hours strong, i've gotten 12+ before. and i use the b&h pearstone brand. i've got 2 sra's i use as camera hop rx's so i bought 2 of the simple wall chargers and 4 of the batteries. if you want to go even cheaper, i think for $30 you can get 2 batteries and a charger off ebay. i've heard mixed results from those tho.

+1 Another great Option are the Maximal Power Batteries via Amazon I have 4 of them 

http://www.amazon.com/Maximalpower-SON-NP-F550-InfoLithium-CCD-TR516/dp/B001FA0B2Q/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367500513&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=maximal+power+sonly+l

What are the maH ratings of the batteries you are getting 10 hours out of?

Just trying to get a base idea, as I've always powered my sr off the camera, but I've got a shoot coming up where I'll be using the sled.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

sometimes I use the cable coming out of the bottom to an XPL-4-M and connect to my batteries...

sometimes the power comes from the camera slot

sometimes I attach the battery sled and use either 9v or camcorder batteries...

there are numerous options, and you are going to have select based on how you use the RX.

I

I really like my battery sled with a Sony f570 battery (top). I have a dual sony charger for my f970 batteries for 788t and I find the run time to be a strong 12 hours with the 570. I use the Hardware sleeve for SRB and with that combination, I don't have to fuss much to get that hop on camera and going.

If I was you, I would buy Sony for battery and charger as I have ran into issues with pearstone in the past, although not with SR. As some one says around here : you get what you pay for :-)