Here Comes The Sun; the lost solo guitar

I was lucky enough to have recorded that clip about four years ago which is part of a longer sequence that was not used in the George Harrison documentary, Living In The Material World. We shot a long interview with George Martin at Abbey Road Studios and after that we recorded the sequence with George Harrisons' son Dhani, George Martin and his son Giles picking through the original eight track recordings from the Abbey Road album. A fascinating day but unfortunately since landing on YouTube it sounds a bit mangled and meddled with compared to my original tracks and a shame it was dropped from the final film.

Dudley Houlden

For all you Harrison fans, if you haven't already got it, the DVD of the memorial concert at The Albert Hall in London is well worth getting hold of. Even McCartney is able to tone down his contribution to become part of an extraordinary band. Joe Brown's final rendition of 'I'll See You In My Dreams' is beautifully done and exceptionally moving. The sound is pretty good, too!

Regards,

John

A big smile here too.  Thank you for posting this.  And to echo CrewC, Dudley you are a lucky man.  I would say George Martin's recordings of the Beatles are why I got into sound in the first place.  When I was 14 (and living in Oklahoma...) I wrote a letter to EMI studios asking how I could get a job recording for them.  Guess what: They wrote back!

When I was 14 (and living in Oklahoma...) I wrote a letter to EMI studios asking how I could get a job recording for them.  Guess what: They wrote back!

Oddly enough I did the same thing when I was about 17, (1976), and they replied to me as well, but at least my postage was a bit cheaper than yours.

Dudley