NeverClip... in simple pictures

soundslikejustin

I've also been experiencing extremely low volume on input 1 and my headphone output is biased to the left by about 75%. On loud transients the right side pops in, but then it fades back to the left.

I'm planning on sending it into Zaxcom at the beginning of next week. Which means no work for however long... :(

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also been experiencing extremely low volume on input 1 and my headphone output is biased to the left by about 75%. On loud transients the right side pops in, but then it fades back to the left.

I'm planning on sending it into Zaxcom at the beginning of next week. Which means no work for however long... :(

There is a chance that a small piece of insulating tape on the board under the headphone jack can fix this.

I have been in contact with Zaxcom for over a month. Had to hold on to the unit to do a couple of jobs that didn't require input 1 before I could send it in.

Their response was that they would need to look at it on their bench. So that's where it will go.

If that is all that is wrong with the headphones, that would be fantastic. Still have to fix input 1, though.

Pinned just means it stays at the top of the list of forum threads. It's something for moderators to do to make sure people see certain posts up front. Forum rules, for instance

Okay, I found the list that is under the section heading EQUIPMENT and there is the NeverClip original post and it is in fact PINNED. But who pinned it? You say this is done by the moderator but we don't have any moderators other than me. Maybe each member can PIN a post if they want to? In any case, why does it matter? I think most people come to the site and call up "View New Content" which ignores any pinning.

Oh, I don't use "View New Content" (didn't even know about it). I usually just click on the Equipment section and see what's new. And Neverclip has been at the top of the list but I didn't think much of it. That said, I don't seem to have the Pinned option on any of the topics I've posted. Delete is the only moderator option I get.

(That or search all topics for "FreqFinder" and "LectroRM")

• 1 year later...
On Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM, studiomprd said:

mark O: " So the preamps on the NC and non-NC transmitters are probably a very similar or the same design. "

I don't buy the cause and effect implied.... it is a separate, different question (for Glenn)...

all these diagrams of what individuals either think, or wish NeverClip is are pretty much guesses, and until the patent information is available, this will all be just daydreaming...

All this speculative arguing about something that you are either using, or not using; if you are using it, and it provides satisfactory results, why are so many folks so intent upon nit-picking it apart..? If you are considering equipment with, or without this technology, all this techno-babble really doesn't make any significant difference, as none of this says, or really even implies that NeverClip does not work properly, or causes any negative sonic issues.

How many of us care, or even notice that the gas pedal on our vehicles no longer actually directly control the flow of fuel into the engines as they used to..?  just as always, the gas pedal works, and, in fact it is working better than it did the old way!

mark O: " I just have a strong aversion to using things I don't understand. "

Andre: " I still don't get it, so I also don't use it. "

that's not logical, it is dumb...

I don't quite get GPS, but it works, and I use it...

do you actually understand what an FET is and how it works ??

do you actually understand, and get, delta-sigma conversion ??  dithering ?? aliasing ?? superhetrodyne receivers ?

do you understand catalytic converters..? 

have you tried NeverClip, and found that it didn't work ??  as many folks use it daily, with no problems or complaints, it would seem that there isn't much, if any, risk in trying it...

Mike, I understand catalytic converters and I don't like using them.