Atlanta Sound Mixer Weekend! Saturday BBQ & Sunday Event!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Blooming Onion from Outback. Since I am the most interesting man in the world I shall provide the Dos XX.

Eric

By the way my buddy Goldie that does video asst. that is his dad.... But I will drink a Dos xx with you.. You are the oldest... I'm mean most interesting man in the world that I know!

Whit

By the way my buddy Goldie that does video asst. that is his dad.... But I will drink a Dos xx with you.. You are the oldest... I'm mean most interesting man in the world that I know!

Whit

Good one. 

Goldie is a trip. Big fan of Goldie as well as oldie, I mean Eric.

CrewC

Vasileios,

I will even give you the recipe.... it is so simple and you can use any sweet onion but I am a southerner and our onions from south GA are the best, we our a little proud down here.

You take whatever sweet onion you like and peel the skin away and core the center then you use a beef bullion cube mashed up with butter and put that in the center of your core. Use lots of butter on the outside of the onion, wrapped in foil. Bake at 325 - 375 for an hour or more. It depends on the size of the onion. It should be soft to push when done. Serve in a bowl. It is almost like a french onion soup without the cheese. Being Greek you may want to add some garlic... that sounds good. A great appetizer. 

Whit

Sounds very interesting and very promise appetizer.

It's on my (not mine but ok, haha) recipe book.

So we have: Sweet onion, beef, butter.. Hmm from sweet taste to meat and after again to sweet taste (butter). Maybe you need to go back on no-sweet taste. Maybe red wine (not sweet) or or or tomatoes with olives dressing with virgin olive oil and oregano. Onion, meat, butter, tomatoes, olives, red wine. Hmmm..

Thanks Whit!

(I don't know if 10 o'clock in the morning it's common to discuss about that, hahaha)

Slight sidetrack:

For a boy raised on southern cooking, I'm surprised that I've never heard of a baked onion. Naturally, I bought some sweet onions last night (unfortunately, not vidalia) and tried them out.

Holy freaking delicious! This is so easy, so quick to prep and so tasty, that these are now going to be part of my rotation. Thanks Whit!

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=180

Soundcraft themselves do not recommend this board for broadcasting or mixing/recording. I wonder why. Noisy preamps?

No it's because it does not have standard direct outs intstead it has even more out out than Yamaha. For our purposes it would be great and soundcraft preamps are way better than yamaha.

FYI: I have arrived in Atlanta with the parts and tools to perform the Meon LiFE upgrade forMeon LiFE owners (per the related post in the Dealers/Maunfacturers section). I'll be around Monday for this so contact me here for when/where details.

Also, a streaming web cam at today's event will be hosted by the Trew Audio network, details to follow soon.

Glen Trew

Thanks to everyone!

Especially to:

Whit & Kathy Norris,Chris D our hosts..

To all the Manufacturers and Equipment Purveyors... I had a great weekend..

especially enjoyed meeting many of you with whom I have conversed on this board, but had not met face to face prior to this week!

And.. I enjoyed learning about many new developments in hardware!

Cheers, and let's do this again next year!

Thanks to everyone!

Especially to:

Whit & Kathy Norris,Chris D our hosts..

To all the Manufacturers and Equipment Purveyors... I had a great weekend..

especially enjoyed meeting many of you with whom I have conversed on this board, but had not met face to face prior to this week!

And.. I enjoyed learning about many new developments in hardware!

Cheers, and let's do this again next year!

What he said, and that goes triple from me!

Thanks for a great day, well worth the drive time!

Thanks to everyone that came! That is what made it a great weekend! It was wonderful to meet everyone and hang out and have a good time. Thanks to Chris Durfy that got the ball rolling. Also thanks to Jeff for the Zoom hangout where other members were able to join us as well Glen had a streaming of the event. Hopefully we will have some pictures to post from the event and barbecue. It looks like this will be a annual event.

Cheers,

Whit