Panamic pole is creaking

Matthias Richter

so I cleaned my Panamic pole as described in the manual from their website but I still get a creaking noise when a section is half way out. Turning the pole in my hands around it´s own axle produces a krgh, krgh, krgh even when doing really slow twists. I don´t know if it is the end stop or the small shoulder bush.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks, Matthias

mmh - I´m not sure I understand what you mean. I disambled the whole pole, cleaned all the lttle rings / bushes and put some gread onto the threaded end of each section. I just had no silicon fluid to hand but I doubt that it would have made a big difference. It feels and sounds as if either the end stop or one of the rings on the top of each section is making slight moves inside the pole under weight from a mic basket.

I tried various positions of the end stop (more loose, more tight) to no success.

http://www.panamic.net/Products/USERGUIDE.pdf

" Any ideas are welcome. "

not much to go on here...

was it creaking before ??

in that case: cleaning it as described in the manual from their website wasn't the issue,

unless you didn't get something right...

you could start over, and clean it again, carefully following those directions; if it still creaks, then the problem may well be something else.

That's very helpful! Matthias, I've never used a panamic, but my psc pole has a top pin that didn't tighten enough. What indie was I filed the plastic ring inside the collar down by just a millimeter and it made a world of change. Is it possible some of the parts can be tightened?

I think you need to adjust the hex screw in the bottom of the section that is creaking. With a mic and suspension on the pole you should be able to break(undo) the knuckles and the section should float gently down. The bottom most plastic part of the section should be adjusted to attain this. I have found in the past that this helps. If its not that, I can't imagine what else it could be. Best Gpost-62-136795954875.jpg