Feeding epic/scarlet different framerate than the camera is rolling

I am on a Live event shoot and we need all of the cameras to be in sync for Multicam editing(no sound).

The DP wants to roll the cameras at 59.94fps. I will be mounting Denecke SB-T lockit boxes onto the cameras.

1.Is it possible for the RED to record video at 59.94fps, while also stamping the file with a 29.97fps timecode from the SB-T?

2. if it is not, what is the best option to be able to make sure all of the REDs are in sync with frame accuracy?

3. Also, the video is being recorded in Camera, and NOT live streaming, do I need to send the Cameras GenLock?

Thank you

Jordan

Be warned that 59.94fps is not a sync sound speed -- it's considered varispeed. 29.97 is a legit speed. 

+1 to Mr. Callandro above. I would also strongly suggest you do a workflow test prior to the shoot, to make everything will sync up and hold sync for at least five minutes -- timecode slate clap at the head, and clap at the tail to check for sure.

The Betso SBOX-1 will do double or half frame rates. Looks like it's 59.54fps. I've never used those frame rates, but this is from their website:

BETSO SBOX-1 is a really small, compact, self powered solution for reading/generating/jamming of SMPTE time code of all common frame rates 23.976 – 30 drop frame and non drop frame formats including their double speed and half speed variants:

• Standard TC formats: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.97DF, 30, 30DF
  • Double speed TC formats: 47.952, 48, 50, 59.54, 59.54DF, 60, 60DF
  • Half speed TC formats: 11.988, 12, 12.5, 14.985, 14.985DF, 15, 15DF

Steve Wytas

www.audio911.com