Nomad error.

fieldmixer

There were no settings to recall from. I attempted to store settings, power down, rebooted, still no settings to recall from.

A Restore to factory defaults did it. Error now gone after boot. Thanks very much fellas. I love this board! Still have the jitters when a mystery error appears I guess...

The exact scenario preceding this error was: using two cards that had previously been primary. Formatted primary card in primary slot, erased Mirror card in mirror slot. First indication of issue was on battery change after battery ran dry during lunch.

Still curious what exactly happened. If anyone know the engineering explination please share:)

This error might have been caused by turning off the machine exactly at the time the current settings were being saved.

The new software (5.16 - which I recommend every one upgrade to) has a moving dot on the display that reminds you when the settings are about to be saved so you can avoid turning off the machine just at the wrong moment.

-howy

This error might have been caused by turning off the machine exactly at the time the current settings were being saved.

The new software (5.16 - which I recommend every one upgrade to) has a moving dot on the display that reminds you when the settings are about to be saved so you can avoid turning off the machine just at the wrong moment.

-howy

Thanks Howy very useful, but do you know how can I stop myself thinking my Nomad is infested with tiny insects when I see one scuttling across - gets me for the first instant every time. I think it's got something to do with the size and speed it moves at? :)

-howy

Thanks for the precise answer!