The "Remote Antenna"

d3sound

Some mixers have ask me to post the "Remote Antenna".   This little guy really can help when working in cars rigs.

It is a great way to keep a better line of sight with your signal.... 

I have even used it on wireless boom set up for more range. (well its not really wireless at that point)..  

Anyways, it works with Lectro wireless. Check it out...  

$30.00 per or 2 for $50.00 for members of the forum. (Plus shipping)

d3soundman@yahoo.com

Darryl L. Frank CAS 

post-7128-0-98421700-1368714529_thumb.jp

post-7128-0-09103000-1368714658_thumb.jp

This looks very elegant. I am a little confused about how it operates. Where is the ground plane? Is it still the case of the transmitter?

Speaking hypothetically, I would expect that the effectiveness of a remote antenna would be significantly compromised if only half the antenna were out in the clear. But, results trump theory. If performance is significantly improved, then perhaps having only half the antenna out in the clear is a benefit that outweighs the liabilities. Or, maybe I just misunderstand how it's all working.

David

David, 

not sure about the half antenna. But most of the time on cars , all the hardware is in the car.. This is a way of getting a better signal of the car... And sometime it can even be in the frame. ie cop cars....

Darryl 

This looks very elegant. I am a little confused about how it operates. Where is the ground plane? Is it still the case of the transmitter?

Speaking hypothetically, I would expect that the effectiveness of a remote antenna would be significantly compromised if only half the antenna were out in the clear. But, results trump theory. If performance is significantly improved, then perhaps having only half the antenna out in the clear is a benefit that outweighs the liabilities. Or, maybe I just misunderstand how it's all working.

David

There is no ground plane to work against but as was said, getting it out of the car more than makes up for a less than perfect antenna.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi Darryl I made up a a few antennas almost identical to these a couple of years ago. Mine aren't quite as elegant as yours. Wish I had of thought of drilling a hole through the bracket to keep the cable in place. I used a piece of heat shrink tubing.

At $30 or two for $50 that is more than a fair price.  If these had of been around at the time I would have gladly brought some of yours. Making up the bracket without the right tools may have caused a fair amount of muttering on my part.

Remoting your antennas in this manner has worked well for me.

Cheers Nate.

Is it possible to consider the car itself as the ground plane ?

It needs to be right at the base of the antenna and at a right angle to the vertical whip to be a proper ground plane. Will it work anyway? Yes, and is better than having a "proper" antenna inside a metal shell (the car).

Best Regards,

Larry F

Lectro

It needs to be right at the base of the antenna and at a right angle to the vertical whip to be a proper ground plane. Will it work anyway? Yes, and is better than having a "proper" antenna inside a metal shell (the car).

Best Regards,

Larry F

Lectro

So Darryl it should be possible to ameliorate your antenna by putting it on the roof of the car. With a suction cup for example.
Anyway the simpler, the better. And it is already simple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...