Lost sync on Alexa.

olphi

I thought so too and then prod cos and DITs started asking for Lockits for the Alexas, TC w/o sync.  I think they just didn't want to deal with any possibility of needing to screw w/ TC after the Lockit was attached.  I'm sort of done with arguing about this topic so I just do what they ask.

philp

Any off speed on the camera ie change of frame rate to 15, 48, 60 frames etc, changes the timecode to zero. The only advantages i see to living the lockit on camera are to prevent forgetful ACs or utilities(depending on your modus operendi) from forgetting to rejam after a frame rate change or if the camera has no power for over 10 minutes.

Recently did a show where the Alexa camera's internal power was faulty. The first AC thought sound was being too touchy with camera. No DIT but my utility kept showing camera dept. the readout on our Denecke GR2 and clearly there was a drift. Lockit boxes, which I had already rented, we're applied. Camera rental house tech confirmed the power issue we were suspect of. Took about a day and a half till camera dept admitted something was wrong.

Jonathan