Briefcase Mixers - Cooper vs Neve

Michael Gassert

Wyatt,

I challenge you to back up this statement. Andy designed all of his desks around Dean Jensen's CAD mic transformers which are phase accurate to better than 65KHz. Inherent distortion? Before his mix desks, Andy was famous for building filters which had an excess of 200KHz band pass, in order to insure linearity throughout the 20/20K spectrum.

Jay

(OK, I'm biased. I own the first 106+1 Andy shipped, a 208Dv.2, and a custom modded 306.)

I'm always up for a good challenge! 

I specifically stated "a little" as you will always get "a little" coloration through a transformer. Sub or ultraharmonic, it's there, and it can have an effect on audio that passes through it within our range of hearing. I'm not trying to get into some audiophile argument, as that is not what my original statement was about (and that's just not the person I am... I really, really like transformers).

My statement was only to further outline what I said in the rest of my post- that you are going to saturate the iron in a classic Neve prior to that of the Cooper.

I think we're actually on the same page here.