Ktek Boompole Cleaning

Manx

Hi guys,

I have a ktek 5 section carbon fiber boom pole. I was at a shoot where there was a gun fight scene and blood effects... Something went wrong with the pump they were using and blood was all over the place. The material they were using for blood (some food colorant, sugar, water...) went in the boom pole. i tried to clean it up, but the material is still in the locks and i can't manage to remove it. 

We don't have a Ktek dealer here, so any thoughts?

Thank you!

Hi Dave,

Yes I can undo the collars all the way, and disassemble the sections, but i cant remove the collars to clean up the rings inside because of the two safety tapes glued on each section. So is there a way to remove the ring inside the collar?

Thank you.

That tape is what we call "stop tape". It is't glued on with special glue. When we refurbish boom poles we remove the tape, and it comes off pretty easily. Once you take that off you'll be able to remove the collars. You will need to get replacement stop tape, and I can send that to you. Just e-mail me at dave@ktekbooms.com with your address and I'll make sure to get you replacement stop tape strips. 

If you want, you can send the pole back to the factory and we'll go over it with a fine tooth comb. We don't charge for labor, but if any parts need to be replaced, we'd have to charge for that. Every pole that comes in for service gets a really good once over on all the parts as a "just in case" sort of thing, and we clean each one before they ship back out.