PD6 DVDRAM drive failure

Sam Cousins

My PD6 DVDRAM drive has failed with rushes on the internal HD. I know it's possible to get the HD connected to a computer via USB (see here: http://www.bblist.co.uk/item.php?item=34380) but the HD adaptors I've tried haven't worked. Does anyone have any bright ideas or know the right way to connect the drive? For reference the drive is a 40gb Toshiba 1.8" with a 50 pin Micro IDE connection. Thanks in advance!

Hi Bud, yeah that's what I thought, until I saw what the guy in the link above has done...

I've managed to remove the DVDRAM drive and have just the internal HD recording my mix. I just don't have a way of giving the DIT my six ISOs! I'm outputting two tracks to a HDP2 via the aux I/O so that's what the post guys have been getting so far, but the producer and post supervisor are hassling me for the ISOs as they didn't think about timecode and will have to manually sync my ISOs when/if I can get to them.

As a last resort I know I can re-record the tracks through the Direct Outs but I'm not looking forward to having to do that!

I've tried removing the HD and connecting it to the computer via a 50 pin IDE adaptor which fits the drive but it doesn't show on the computer. I'm almost at my wits end!

<but the producer and post supervisor are hassling me for the ISOs as they

didn't think about timecode>

give the poor ignoramuses the xfer through recording to another device now, and gain the time. [[]] work on your issue and get your original ISOs and then send them to sound post. 

:)))

Haha vin, I've gone one better! I've managed to mount the first partition and get the files off, so I've split the files the WaveAgent and sent them to post with a report. That should keep them happy for now. In the meantime I need to get hold of a PC because I think the problem with the Mac is its inability to read multi-session drives.