Zaxcom receiver

Simon Paine

according to the specs, it will work up to 15v. but a lithium batt, just off the charger is around 16v. so ive never tried it with mine. but the hirose output and power tap out on most cameras that have them are regulated to 12v. and i always use a regulated np1 shoe in my bag for the receivers and sta100. i believe hawk-woods and idx make v-lok adapters with hirose regulated outputs.

Thanks Rich,

I agree most outputs from cameras are regulated to 12 V, and the Hawk Woods and V lock adapters work well too.

In my situation, I will be feeding the Receiver from a:

http://www.bebob.de/international/coco-EX_sony-PMW-EX1.html

Hooked up to a Sony XDCamex. The rated voltage from the Sony BP U60 batteries is 14.4 volts. Since this is my first time seeing these batteries, camera or this adaptor, i was wondering if the Zaxcom receiver would be ok.

Anyone else run into this gear ?

simon. i just got my trx900 + sta100 setup back from a hire, and the mixer i'd hired it to said that he'd had it running in his bag from an unregulated hawk-woods np1 shoe with an idx lp70 battery and it all worked ok, though he didn't say that the battery had come straight off the charger, but would guess that it had been on charge overnight for the job in the morning.

as i was helping him out the next day on a commercial, i powered the receiver the same way, lp70 with an unregulated np1 shoe and again the receiver worked happily all day, and the ifb100 when it was powered up when needed.

unhelpfully, i was unable to check the actual voltage going in to the receiver or ifb/sta100. though i just checked the voltage of my lp50 off the charger and it is 16.73v and an lp50 that was fully charged a few days ago and been used for 20 minutes for testing today showed 16.4v. unfortunately, as i only have regulated np1 shoes nearby, i cant tell if the hawk-woods unregulated shoe has any voltage drop, and am not keen to push my luck further without official word from zaxcom or some one who services them.

hope thats useful