HD26 Pro

jozzafunk

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/closed-headset-passive-noise-reduction-studio-tv-radio-broadcast-hme-26-6004

I have been using these ones they are from the same family of headphones but with a boom mic for about a year now when I am working at my cart.They sound great but would love to have a curly cable, that is my only gripe.

Best John

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have some of those currently in stock, they feature an active guard switch to protect your hearing from sudden audio peaks that exceed 105 dB. The headphone cable itself feels more durable, they seem to be more flexable/erganomic and very comfortable to wear.  The can/drivers are deeper/wider but its not as noticable when being worn.

When comparing performance to the HD 25's they seemed to have slightly little more bass which some may like and others not. (If possible try before you commit to buy)

IMO I genuinly like them and would most likely purchase a pair for myself.

If been using them for about a week now. So far, very positive and definitely an improvement over the 25s (in my opinion, headphones are subjective!).

I don't mind he cable on the left (in fact, I think this works better for me), they are more comfortable, more isolated and I'm pretty sure less noisy (using with a 664). The adjustable headband is in improvement over the last one (no more pulling off a can when I get caught on something) but I'd love a ah to "lock" it off as they are quite loose.

• 3 weeks later...

I love them. I had the HD-25's before, and while they sound quite similar, i believe they're more detailed.  Nice and bright which is great for accentuating rustle issues and they sound amazing on the voice.  Not quite detailed enough for mixing music in my opinion, but thats not what they're really designed for- thats just an example of where the reproduction quality doesn't quiiiite cut it, compared to other types of headphones.  For what we do i think they're awesome sounding.  

The isolation is great and, i think, improved over the 25's which got worse as the headband slacked off on a hot shoot.  The 26's don't look like that'll be an issue.  these feel more rugged that the 25's which i think were pretty tough already.

I thought the auto-opening headband would be annoying but i like it now. It makes the cans feel super sturdy on my dome.

The only thing so far that im still getting used to is not being able to to comfortably wear the cans round my neck, as the headband wants to choke you. so you have to use the flip-up-ears, which actually work great with the auto-opener.

Time will tell if they suffer from the same cable issue of the 25's but as the whole system is new- im hoping not.

So far, so good, and id recommend them.

Boom

I love them. I had the HD-25's before, and while they sound quite similar, i believe they're more detailed.  Nice and bright which is great for accentuating rustle issues and they sound amazing on the voice.  Not quite detailed enough for mixing music in my opinion, but thats not what they're really designed for- thats just an example of where the reproduction quality doesn't quiiiite cut it, compared to other types of headphones.  For what we do i think they're awesome sounding.  

The isolation is great and, i think, improved over the 25's which got worse as the headband slacked off on a hot shoot.  The 26's don't look like that'll be an issue.  these feel more rugged that the 25's which i think were pretty tough already.

I thought the auto-opening headband would be annoying but i like it now. It makes the cans feel super sturdy on my dome.

The only thing so far that im still getting used to is not being able to to comfortably wear the cans round my neck, as the headband wants to choke you. so you have to use the flip-up-ears, which actually work great with the auto-opener.

Time will tell if they suffer from the same cable issue of the 25's but as the whole system is new- im hoping not.

Boom

Thanks very much for the review that's helpful.

Just curious what headphones you'd choose for mixing music?

The connector is the same as the HMD/HME 26 Headsets (i.e with a boom mic built in). These are far from new - I've been using mine now for 18 months or more, with no problems whatsoever.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

Boom

• 3 months later...

Any more user reviews on the HD 26 now that they've been in the wild a little longer? Mostly I'm curious about the isolation. How do they hold up in the wind? Sony 7506 seem to suffer from leakage in the wind and it can be hard to tell if you're hearing wind on the mic or just from the cans. They look very well designed for our use. I love the little pig-tail coily at the end of the cable to reduce mechanical noise.

Looks like LSC is stocking these in the states. 

Been using a pair for about a month. Isolation is great and better than hd25s which are pretty good anyway. Very comfy and seem very nicely put together. Having said that they don't appear to be as immediately bombproof/fixable as hd25s. Have only used inside so can't comment on wind noise. Sound is different but comparable to hd25s. Sound loads better than 7506s but in my opinion this is true of most reasonable headphones. There design precludes wearing them comfortably around your neck when not in use.

Thanks

Stuart

• 3 months later...