Help buy plastic tube cases from McMasterCarr

soundtrane

I tried the same, but they wont ship or sell outside the US... 

I found another company that manufactures the possible items we could use to keep our mics in: 

http://www.rose-plastic.de/technik.1.html

http://www.rose-plastic.us/1908.0.html [uS website]

check - Telepak, Twistpak, Plugpak on this webpage... 

-vin

I used to make microphone tubes out of plastic pipe and screw caps purchased from a hardware store's plumbing section. I would glue one end cap and the other free to screw on the end cap. You can find the right diameter and the foam windscreen acts as the extra width to protect the microphone from bouncing around.

The only caveat is in today's world of TSA - they look suspiciously like pipe bombs!

I want to separate the windshields and microphones. Ideally a separate Pelican with foam insert would be good, but if i can get some of these plastic tube cases, even better with some silica gel inside. 

I could not find a distributor for the Rose products... 

-vin

The VARK audio tubes are super expensive. ~70$ each. Also for Bombay monsoon humidity I will require ten times more silica gel than these tubes can hold. Therefore a longer 'adjustable length' tube will help here. 

Jim, these tubes cost ~2 bucks at McMasterCarr... Same thing found in Schoeps Mic packages... 

Dave, many thanks for your kindest offer, but McMaster is not accepting a sale order from me, they wont charge my card. ONLY US institutional sales: 

Here's what i got from them: 

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from our established customers. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We cannot accept this order or future orders.

Steve

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations,

WTF. I guess business must be good for them to turn away customers. They have no idea how many $ you may spend with them in the future if you get good service from them. And how do you become an established customer if you can't make a first order?

Vin,

The Vark Dry Tube is sealed by O rings, unlike the Schoeps shipping tube. They are also made of Lexan tubing, not the blow-molded plastic style Schoeps provides.

You might try Redding Audio's parts page if you're set on the clear plastic twist vial for the CMIT, like this: http://www.reddingaudiostore.com/catalog/item/8157888/8838845.htm

They're $6 each. I'll buy them for you and send them over to you if you like. PM me. I'm sure we can work out the details.

Evan, the proprietor of Vark, is coming over for a visit over the weekend.  I'll ask if there's any accommodation he could make. Perhaps you could buy the ends for the Dry Tube from them and source the tubing either there or in the EU. I will say that the tubes Evan made up saved my bacon 15 years ago when he first made some up. I was one of the beta testers, for what it's worth and while the heat and humidity here are no match for where you are, it is often near 100 degrees F and in the low 90's humidity-wise for long stretches in the summer here.

As a disclaimer, Evan and I have been friends for nearly 35 years and were neighbors for about 21 of them.

Best regards,

Jim