Coming price change on SRa to SRb conversion

LarryF

The current conversion or update price to change an SRa to an SRb is $250 in the US. That price will be good until 31 July 2013. It will increase 50% to $375 after 31 July 2013. At the end of the year, we will drop the conversion "deal". Current cost for a block change is $752.38 and the SRb conversion uses exactly the same parts and requires the same alignment. So, at the end of the year the conversion may get pricey. Note that at $375, it is still half price.

If you can't get a unit in before 31 July, simply make an appointment before then for a conversion before 30 Sept 2013. This gives you 50+ days to decide to rob the piggy bank and 111 days to find a break in your schedule. If you have a firm appointment, the crew is good about turning the units around for a specific return date.

In the past few months, we have have done a thousand conversions in bulk. That is slowing down and in a few months it will start becoming similar to a regular repair. Hence the pricing change.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

Thanks Larry, for extending this service to us and giving us lots of warning about the time parameters.

Got mine done a couple of weeks ago - painless and I was very pleased that "early adopting" the SRA was rewarded with the reasonably priced SRb upgrade path.

Once again, Lectro reinforces its position at the very top end  of customer service!

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

The SRA to SRB conversions are currently priced at $250. If a block change is required add an additional $100. Contact Lectrosonics Service Department at 1-800-821-1121 (or email at service.repair@lectrosonics.com) to set up your SRB conversion. Turn around time is an ever moving target, but currently we are running 5 to 7 business days in house.

Best regards,
Dean Slotness

The SRA to SRB conversions are currently priced at $250. If a block change is required add an additional $100. Contact Lectrosonics Service Department at 1-800-821-1121 (or email at service.repair@lectrosonics.com) to set up your SRB conversion. Turn around time is an ever moving target, but currently we are running 5 to 7 business days in house.

Best regards,

Dean Slotness

+1 this is what I did..

Just had my SRA blk 19 done, notified May 23rd..shipped to Lectro May 25th, they received on May 28th and I had an upgraded SRB in hand June 8th working on June 9th! Lectro cannot be beat...Dean Slotness rocks! JHW

Similar experience here in Canada with Lectrosonics Canada - lightning fast turnaround - within a week + shipping time.

Thanks for the heads up, Larry and great service from Lectrosonics!

Best,

Rich

• 3 months later...

The current conversion or update price to change an SRa to an SRb is $250 in the US. That price will be good until 31 July 2013. It will increase 50% to $375 after 31 July 2013. At the end of the year, we will drop the conversion "deal". Current cost for a block change is $752.38 and the SRb conversion uses exactly the same parts and requires the same alignment. So, at the end of the year the conversion may get pricey. Note that at $375, it is still half price.

If you can't get a unit in before 31 July, simply make an appointment before then for a conversion before 30 Sept 2013. This gives you 50+ days to decide to rob the piggy bank and 111 days to find a break in your schedule. If you have a firm appointment, the crew is good about turning the units around for a specific return date.

In the past few months, we have have done a thousand conversions in bulk. That is slowing down and in a few months it will start becoming similar to a regular repair. Hence the pricing change.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

We have a number of SRb conversion boards held here at Lectro waiting for the owners to send in their SRa's for conversion to SRb's. I understand that people have commitments, etc., but I just want to remind everyone that the "deal" is going to end. On the stroke of midnight, the big ball may drop in New York but the conversion price is going to rise in New Mexico. After Dec 31, it will become a normal block change at $752.38. So get those units in here while you can still save big bucks.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

• 2 months later...

We have a number of SRb conversion boards held here at Lectro waiting for the owners to send in their SRa's for conversion to SRb's. I understand that people have commitments, etc., but I just want to remind everyone that the "deal" is going to end. On the stroke of midnight, the big ball may drop in New York but the conversion price is going to rise in New Mexico. After Dec 31, it will become a normal block change at $752.38. So get those units in here while you can still save big bucks.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Bump.

Since the letter that we sent out to our dealers about the time frame for SRa to SRb conversions was not clear about what was meant by scheduling the conversion, we are adding thirty days for the cutoff for the unit(s) to be in our hands. Here it is as clear as I can make it:

The $375 SRa to SRb conversion price will be available to the customer if and only if they do two things:
1. Call (800 821-1121) or email (service@lectrosonics.com) before 31 Dec 2013 to schedule a conversion.
2. Get the unit(s) to Lectrosonics or an authorized warranty repair station before 31 January 2014 to have the conversion done.

After these dates, the conversion will be priced at our normal block change price of $507 since the same amount of work and parts are involved.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

LarryF: " So get those units in here while you can still save big bucks. "

based on another thread,  this may require your creating an email signup list .... :blink:

ho ho ho, but you're not really saying modern recorders and wireless radio mics are equitable in respect of:

- complexity (and beta testisis early adopter pain pioneer blues :-).

- frequency of software updates.

- critical status within a workflow.

- or even scale of market.

>:D  are you?

atb, 

dan.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...