Who needs ProTools? New AATranslator Version!

cory

(errr.... new aatranslator version is out!)

My favorite quote from an AATranslator user is this one (it's for you, Henchman):

"So as a mixer you are going to receive a .PTF. It is a deep feeling of loneliness, but AAtranslator comes and gives you a big hug saying 'here is your .RPP, kid'."

That's fantastic. If you are a one stop shop.

If you want to have a career, especially here in LA, doing anything related to the major networks and movie studios, then you better know Pro-Tools.

If you want to be the maverick, and try and buck the trend, and risk losing gigs. Use anything you want.

"are you sure all automation and other parameters will be 'translated'?

-- Depends on the export/import application as to what parameters are written/read  IMO, works as good as the SS (Cue Bonosoft) OMF Convert used to. I've used it with OMFs files from Avid, Premere and FCP (prior to fcp-X)  to/from Nuendo, Slo-Tools and Vegas. Transfers the media, EDL timeline, tracks & clips volume, pan, fade envelopes. Won't transfer plug-ins or propitiatory processors and such, but that's normal.

That's fantastic. If you are a one stop shop.

If you want to have a career, especially here in LA, doing anything related to the major networks and movie studios, then you better know Pro-Tools.

If you want to be the maverick, and try and buck the trend, and risk losing gigs. Use anything you want.

It IS fantastic, you're right!

(Major networks use one-stop shops, as you call them, too.)

And big props for AAT while we're at it!

philp

It IS fantastic, you're right!

(Major networks use one-stop shops, as you call them, too.)

And big props for AAT while we're at it!

philp

And the major networks here are allon Pro-tools.

Btw, it's not true that all the newtrok shows are one-stop shop situations.

There are editorial companies, who do the sound edit and design, even if the show is being mixed on a major lot, for a major network.

And the major networks here are allon Pro-tools.

Btw, it's not true that all the newtrok shows are one-stop shop situations.

There are editorial companies, who do the sound edit and design, even if the show is being mixed on a major lot, for a major network.

I'm sure they are.  But one stoppers do plenty of network work as well.  They don't care what I use as long as I meet their delivery spec, which I do!

And another YAY for AAT!

philp

Used to, being the operative description.

Look, I'm not saying the other options aren't good. But if you don't want to risk the chance of losing gigs in the major markets, there's simply no getting around not using protools. So, you can take the easy path, or you can trailblaze and use something hardly anybody else uses for audio post in the major markets.