RIP James Gandolfini

Henchman

My condolences to his family, especially his son Michael. I had the opportunity to spend some time with him, Michael, and his sister on the shore and found that Jim had an introverted side that resonated with my own. A great loss and very sad to hear of this news.

I never had the pleasure of working with Mr Gandofini, but it's great to hear he was a good man because I really enjoy his work. My condolences to his family & friends. I guess this is the way the Sappranos really ends. All & all, we didn't see it coming, and perhaps that's the way it should be.

CrewC

.... "Killing Them Softly," a terrible movie but his take on a troubled hitman is great to watch......

I agree... A film not to be missed by any fans of his.... I had to wonder how much of that performance was improvised / unscripted.

Very strong and believable.

I always liked to watch his interviews .... Of course they were way out of character and revealing of what his true nature was...

But man o man, could he play a bad bad guy.... (I.e. "8MM" ! )

MF

logo.png
James Gandolfini: The top ten Tony Soprano quotes

In the wake of James Gandolfini's death, we look back at the best of his character Tony Soprano's lines

Daisy Wyatt

Thursday, 20 June 2013

In the wake of James 'Tony Soprano' Gandolfini’s death, we look back at some of his best quotes from hit HBO series The Sopranos.

Known for his charismatic, complex and sometimes violent character, the boss of the DiMeo crime family had a distinct worldview.

Here are some of his most memorable lines, penned by series creator David Chase.

1. On love: “Well, when you’re married, you’ll understand the importance of fresh produce.”

2. On therapy: “This psychiatry s***, apparently what you’re feeling is not what you’re feeling and what you’re not feeling is your real agenda.”

3.  “Is this a woman thing? You ask me how I’m feeling. I tell you how I’m feeling, and now you’re going to torture me with it.”

4. “Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.”

5. On being the boss: “All due respect, you got no f***ing idea what it’s like to be Number One.”

6. “You don’t s*** where you eat. And you really don’t s*** where I eat.”

7. “If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.”

8. On the internet: “Log off. That ‘cookie’ s*** makes me nervous.”

9. On Chicken Soup for the Soul: You should read 'Tomato Sauce for your Ass'. It’s the Italian version.

10. On being in the Mafia: “What use is an unloaded gun?”

post-72-0-18929000-1371755090_thumb.jpg