Zaxcom Maxx - Here's the latest

Jack Norflus

Glenn: are there plans for post-fader recording of ISO's in the future, or, if that is too much of a headache, anyway to allow recording of the two mono outputs (tape/mono) in the recording bus, so it could be a workaround (as in, route Inputs 1-4 to OUT 1, OUT 2, TAPE OUT, MONO OUT) to basically get four post-fader ISO's. Currently, you can record only record the main outputs (1/2).

Thanks!

Glenn: are there plans for post-fader recording of ISO's in the future, or, if that is too much of a headache, anyway to allow recording of the two mono outputs (tape/mono) in the recording bus, so it could be a workaround (as in, route Inputs 1-4 to OUT 1, OUT 2, TAPE OUT, MONO OUT) to basically get four post-fader ISO's. Currently, you can record only record the main outputs (1/2).

Thanks!

I asked for post fade ISO in the very beginning. Don't know if it is going to happen...

+1 on selectable and bypassable HPF... I've been waiting nearly a year for this to release and just got all my money together to order one but a fixed 80hz HPF gives me pause and might just be a deal breaker as I do a fair amount of music and non dialogue. A continuously variable HPF would be my preference, but I'm sure that won't be in the cards. If it's possible to have a few presets, though, I'd like to see 60 80 and 120 or 140hz

I'll be holding off ordering for now

Just as a precision, there is a variable hpf: off, 40, 50, 60 etc

What geluiswerdken is saying is that there is on the mic pres (aes might be different?) a gradual highpass starting at 140hz. Go reread his post.

I did noticed it too, my main mic being a kmr81i (which has a lot of low end). But thought it was just the hp feed :-/

geluiswerdken, could you post a graph please?

Franky

I just want to say a personal thanks to Glenn. He called me up and walked me through it all (I had an old version of convert).

I assume the DIT didn't eject the card properly from his mac, or pulled it early, thereby corrupting my mirrored WAVs. The marf files converted and everything came out pristine.

Again, great customer service and product come through!

I too have the MAXX on my extremely short list of items to consider buying within the next six weeks. But like Ryan, a fixed HPF makes me hold off. (Geez, I better re-read the manual). Would like several/variable filters. Will settle for 80Hz and OFF.

I'm mixing myself up (hardly the first time). Here's a highlighted excerpt from Page 41 of the Maxx manual (available here: http://www.zaxcom.com/instruction-manuals ):

post-286-0-30733300-1377309524_thumb.png

So the hardware cut is at 80Hz, right? And the HPF can be defeated (ie- turned OFF) so there's no cut at all? And there's "a software filter that is adjustable between 40Hz to 230Hz"?

Just so I'm clear, is all that currently implemented, or not yet implemented in MAXX? 

Thanks.

PS- Glenn, Howy, Jack, et al: no need to reply tonight or even this weekend. I can wait :-)

I just want to say a personal thanks to Glenn. He called me up and walked me through it all (I had an old version of convert).

I assume the DIT didn't eject the card properly from his mac, or pulled it early, thereby corrupting my mirrored WAVs. The marf files converted and everything came out pristine.

Again, great customer service and product come through!

Well, that's a happy ending isn't it! Glad it all got sorted out. 

I think there is some confusion here.

Both Maxx and Nomad have both a hardware filter as well as a variable software filter. The variable filter, when engaged, adjusts between 40 and 230Hz in 10Hz steps.

Without any filter the cut is actually at 50Hz - not the 80 that Glenn incorrectly posted earlier.

By the way I was curious so I tested my cooper CS-104 cut at 70Hz.