Using Sony utx -b2 in reverse as coms - spraying radio everywhere

DeafDave

Hi

With a choice of buying a Sennheiser coms which can only be used as coms or getting the Sony utx -b2 transmitter receiver set for the same price and using it in reverse I thought Id try the Sony set because it has a dedicated headphone output on the receiver with volume control.

With all transmitters off I can scan using my Lectrosonics dual receiver and it will show all frequencies to be clear for use.  But if I turn on my Sony transmitter and rescan it shows all of Channel 38 - 606 to be used!!!

Ive even tried tuning the Sony transmitter to the upper end of Ch38 and its still affecting the lower end too at 606

I think the 2 units I have are faulty but Im wondering if anyone else uses these Sonys as coms and has the transmitters in the bag without getting the interference?

The Sennheisers dont seem to do this when their transmitter is in the bag but you cant really use them in revers for coms as they dont have a headphone out and you cant get enough volume out of them for headphone use.

Thanks for any feedback or thoughts!

Its the SRB Lectro receiver

They are at opposite ends of a sound bag so cant be further away than that!

I think its more to do with a problem with how focused the transmission frequency of the Sony is and also the power output of the Sony which I thought was around the same as the Sennheiser g3s which are 30mW