Straighten out a lav cable?

aristotle_kumpis

I recently worked with a vet of the biz who's lavs were like new. I asked how he kept them that way, and he said that each week he cleaned them with an industrial adhesive remover, and then alcohol, and then hangs them up to dry.

I havnt tried it, but I think its a good idea. I only worry about alcohol drying out the rubber over time.

I over-under lavs to keep them straight.

Once they're crooked, it's pretty hard to straighten them. I hung them (gently) with SMs on the end, in the sun, and "massaged" them a bit once they warmed up.

Not sure it did much, but I like to think they're a bit straighter.

I havnt tried it, but I think its a good idea. I only worry about alcohol drying out the rubber over time.

Rubber or plastic? 

If you're cleaning rubber (such as pinch rollers on a tape machine), people have been using diluted Fantastik cleaner for years.

I over-under lavs to keep them straight.

Once they're crooked, it's pretty hard to straighten them. I hung them (gently) with SMs on the end, in the sun, and "massaged" them a bit once they warmed up.

Not sure it did much, but I like to think they're a bit straighter.

I personally go for the half twist as I find they lay flatter and never tangle, and save the over under for large diameter cables and long runs.  But I digress I think the important thing is to be consistent and never wrap a cable around your hand or elbow as that is guaranteed to mess them up.  Now as for straightening them I see a couple of good suggestions and I will have to steal a couple of them myself.