Looking for Oldest Sound Devices Product In Use

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked that my 442 is older than Eric's - especially since it came from him: 030102085000. Now I wish I still had my MixPre from 2000.

Congratulations on the anniversary & thanks for the years of great service!

According to the serial number you have, there were no units made that day. The last 3 digits indicate number of units made that day. 000 means none. Very strange.

Eric

According to the serial number you have, there were no units made that day. The last 3 digits indicate number of units made that day. 000 means none. Very strange.

Eric

The engineers like to start at 000.  Why?  No idea.

So that is the first unit assembled that day, 001 would be the second.

There's an old engineering/scientist saying that goes: "there are two types of people, those that start counting with 1 and those that start counting with 0".

I heard a slight mod. My dad, an old engineer, used to say, "There is 1 type of person: those who count starting with 0, and those who start counting with 1."

Also, "There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Jim "don't ask me about the 'too many poles in the right half-plane' joke" Feeley

PS- Jon, Matt, or anyone-- This is a fun idea. When do we find out the winner?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanx Matt

I thought as much. But should that number really he called 'number made that day' as, depending on what particular unit S/n you were looking at, you'd think that either 000 had been MADE that day or 999 had been ( or whatever that number was. So it's not really a number that represents HOW MANY we're made that day. It's a number of where a unit was in the TOTAL made that day.

Regards

John

• 3 years later...