Paint Peeling on MZX8000

Mark LeBlanc

One Dealers saw my microphone and said he must report to sennheiser, and he will replace them. But I have not heard from him since (a year ago).

BTW- Anyone know how to open the 8060? He started making clicks that move vertically, even gently. I tried to replace MZX and there is still clicks. I want to see if something is moving inside.

Jaymz, The suspension is not the problem. Even when I hold it with two fingers and shaking it up and down there click (not electric). It is important to note that not hear anything from the outside and not feel something moving inside.

Sorry, I meant just in regards to the nextel paint peeling. Rubber inlays on the suspension definitely helps with that.

As for something moving inside...that sounds annoying. If it has to opened up, that's unfortunately something Sennheiser will have to do, less the warranty be voided. 

this issue with Nextel paint peeling is not unique to Sennheiser. I've seen a lot of Schoeps CMC-5 preamps with a similar problem, and others that are just fine. The difference seems to be that the set without peeling problems are always used in Shure Donut clips, the ones that have peeling have tight rubber sennheiser clips. It seems to be a clip pressure thing.