cart shelf molding ?

leeascher

Here's another odd-ball request:

Does anyone know where to find the molding that protects the edges of sound cart shelves.  I've seen it mostly on PSC carts, and it's usually gray or black in color.  Does this stuff have a name?  Some people have referred me to auto part stores and boat stores, but I've come up empty handed.  Any help?  Thanks!

Lee Ascher

Los Angeles, CA

You can find the material at boating supply places as well. Ask for Taco Metals Flex Trim. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.tacomarine.com/cat--Flexible-Vinyl-Trim--cat_flexible_vinyl_trim.html

If you need more than a few feet, try either Boaters World or BoatsUS/Westmarine stores. I know there are stores for both chains in the LA area and bigger locations of either chain should have at least 25' rolls in stock. I've seen it in 50' rolls at a friend's boatyard here, I think. I use one size on the cart, another on the cockpit cutouts on our camping kayaks and my Magliner shelves.

Best regards,

Jim