Handheld transmitter

BudRaymond

What brand of handheld's does everyone here have experience with? I'm looking for something with a bit more range than the Shure or Sennheiser units seem to have. From what I've found, everything is around 30mW tx power except for the Lectrosonics HH/UT. Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Bud Raymond.

" Am I missing anything? "

I think so.

Just for one thing, the antenna on a hand-held is generally more out in the clear / open when in use, and as always, power of the TX is not the most important factor in actual results.

While I happen to love the Lectro HH's,(especially their latest!!) SHURE's seems to be about the most prolific and popular in the world. AT's are prominent in the Country music sector.

for a lot of applications, the head is a more important factor than the TX power;  these days, there seems to be a growing industry consensus on the interchangeable "Shure" type heads...

Though the HH and UT have the same 100 mW, the HH has a better antenna, particularly on the higher blocks. The HH antenna is also less affected by hand placement. With available adapters, you can use heads other than the Shure compatible types. See:

http://www.lectrosonics.com/Products/list-of-compatible-capsule-heads-for-hh.html

Best,
Larry F
Lectro