Show Me Your Ride

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in over-regulated Europe, not possible, as far as I know. Except to some degree in the UK

Not to get completely off topic, but in the US it's set up state by state.... so if I move to another state, I need a new plate and registration. PA the custom plate is $20, but another state might charge $200. That said, some states allow really weird/cool things. Delaware allows people to use these cool old vintage black and white porcelain plates. They even allow reproductions of damaged ones, and there is some legal, or quasi-legal, way to sell very low numbers (2 or 3 digits). For example, any Delaware mixers that want to show their Sound Devices pride... somebody is asking $49,000 for the plate "744". They are really something families can pass on to each other. I live in a state that touches Delaware, and I still find it fascinating. 

Sure, depending on where you live you can get "vanity" plates or if you only have a rear license plate you can get a custom vanity plate for the front. My car has an "Audioetc" front plate.

Eric

Ohh.. You can't do this here.

The flag of EU, "GR" letters and after letters (depends from city to city) and numbers.

Good to know...

I'll likely be on to this little guy by then:

attachicon.gifIMG_1290.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1291.JPG

'68 Dodge A100... replaced the 225CI slant-6 with a 360, block-hugger headers, B&M racing trans... with a driveline that's literally shorter than my forearm, it chirps every gear.  It's gonna be painted soon -- the brightest, most pearlescent metal flake disco orange you can imagine.  And then brushed nickel and either teak or mahogany inside.  Baby Moons and white-walls with curb-feelers... yup.

~tt

I can't wait to see it when its done. Please post up some pics when completed. 

Mathias,

The R-12 cart is a bargain with some minor drawbacks. The location of the front wheel pivot points isn't optimal for maneuverability and the caster forks seem to have too steep a rake and don't lock but at least they DO lock. They now come with flat-free tires stock and at least here in the US are available for $230 for the cart alone and less than $350 with the 2 shelf kits.

I have been using one as a base for a rack cart while I figure out exactly what I want and it's served me well.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim!

The Allterrain model isn´t available at the moment from Thomann / Germany. Will be end of September. It´s also not listed on the manufacture´s website anymore. Maybe they do some redesign or just producing new stock.

I want it to be my mobile shelf inside my van that occasionaly comes out when more cases are needed.

Thanks, Matthias

Oops, sorry for some misinformation, something I just noticed when shopping for replacement wheels after seeing your post, Mathias. Evidently the front wheels do have locks on the latest iteration. Mine's from just before they introduced the flat-free's as stock - maybe 2009 - and they didn't have locks then. My inflatable tires are shot, dry rotting and cracked. I'll be replacing them next month.

Best regards,

Jim

Matthias,

Jim made some great comments, I've had this cart quite a while ... yes the tires go flat but i air up often before leaving the house.

Overall it's doing what I need. I built a shelf for it for certain shoots, I'll post a pic if you want to see it.

Mike

Matthias,

[snip]

... yes the tires go flat but i air up often before leaving the house.

[snip]

Mike

I've had good luck with Slime brand tire sealant protecting bike tires from goat heads.( If you've never stepped on a goat head, you don't know what real swearing is.) I also tried it in the tires of a hand cart that had leaked down in less than a week for years and it worked well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=slime%20tire%20sealant&sprefix=slime+tire+sealant%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aslime%20tire%20sealant

Best,

Larry F

I've had good luck with Slime brand tire sealant protecting bike tires from goat heads.( If you've never stepped on a goat head, you don't know what real swearing is.) I also tried it in the tires of a hand cart that had leaked down in less than a week for years and it worked well.

Best,

Larry F

Yea Larry, I keep forgetting about that stuff ... will slime em.

Thanks,

Mike

Mine's from just before they introduced the flat-free's as stock - maybe 2009 - and they didn't have locks then. My inflatable tires are shot, dry rotting and cracked. I'll be replacing them next month.

Best regards,

Jim

got my RnR 12RT from Thomann Germany. Both front and rear wheels are air -filled tires with valves. Is that old stock or am I misunderstanding both the term flat-free and the pics (no valve to see)? Thomann says that they don´t have any other type of wheels.

The RnR doc seems to confirm my expectations:

R-Trac Whl Press Release.doc