Lectro sra to srb upgrade. What's it worth?

dominiquegreffard

I ordered mine last week after talking to a few people all said out in the field they were extremely happy with the upgrade. The dirty look they gave when I um and ah'd said it all. 

Another big bonus is the fact that you will no longer have to channel two at a higher freq than channel one. Which will make those shows that require you to swap freqs on the fly that much less taxing on the old noggin.

"Get 'er done."

It's a Hell of a bargain for the improvements you get. At the end of July it will still be a bargain but not so much. At the end of the year, the price will go back to normal and that will be a large fraction of the price of the unit. I can't believe you won't recoup the cost if you sell the units later.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

To be clear, the conversion of a SRA to a SRB receiver will go from $250.00 to $375.00 after July 31st. You must be scheduled for a conversion by that date to qualify for the original discounted price. After the first of the year, the price will revert to the regular conversion price of $752.38.

On a slightly tangential note, if you have an older SR you can get the SRb upgrade but should also get the SRa upgrade for the removable antennae if you want those. I didn't realize they were separate upgrades. Had the Lectro people given me the upsell on that I would have bought it! Probably time for a sales 101 refresher course ;)

Maybe 'friendly reminder of something that might not be obvious to everyone 101'?

I'm not bashing on the Lectro team, Larry and everyone I've been in contact with have been really nice. Just figured I'd post the info straight since I don't recall seeing it anywhere...and that might help someone else. It never hurts to help :)

When it comes to Sound and Picture toys  I'm a pushover for getting the best and spending ridiculous amounts on it!

364fsv.jpg

" I didn't realize they were separate upgrades. "

and whose responsibility is that ??

most of the SR RX's out there are already the  A's,...

" I'm a pushover for getting the best and spending ridiculous amounts on it! "

another Veblen effect victim...

in which case,  you should have had that mod years ago!

or bought a new SRb

Edited by studiomprd

Bought used recently from Bexel. Before doing so, I emailed Lectro and asked if it was possible to upgrade the older SR to SRb. Response was 'yes we can!' Simple mistake on my part not realizing that the previous upgrade path was not obsoleted by the latest upgrade path. Others may end up making the same mistake unless they find these posts and I hope this helps them. I like helping people and disseminating information, especially to other pros in the sound world.

" I didn't realize they were separate upgrades. "

and whose responsibility is that ??

most of the SR RX's out there are already the  A's,...

" I'm a pushover for getting the best and spending ridiculous amounts on it! "

another Veblen effect victim...

in which case,  you should have had that mod years ago!

I brought some of my units through Sound Equip, so I did not check with JB. Previous dealings with John Barry's Sydney has led me to wanting to avoid further dealings with them. When they were in Artarmon I was a happy repeat customer, since they moved I can't say I have had the same experience. Don't let my experience with JB stop you from giving them a call and seeing if they can do the upgrade. I am sure other Aussies would like to know. I have a lull in work coming up thus sending them shortly and will just have to hire RX as required at a cost to my profit margin. Hopefully I have a lot of sit down boom only jobs whilst they are at the mothership. Either way it is an investment I feel will be worth while in the long run.