Cetec Vega 67B

ve7kjr

I was just given an old Cetec Vega  wireless system from a retired mixer friend. Dispite it's age and the fact it has not done battle in a very long time, it still works fine and is in good shape. I gave it a quick test yesterday and was happy with what I heard. I looked on the net for a manual or schematics but no joy. What I would like to know is , is the ACC connector on the front "Tushel or Preh ?

What is the imput voltage via this connector the the receiver will run at ?( voltage from the int batt is 18v)

Does anyone have a connector in the junk pile they would donate ?

Does  anyone have a manual / schematics to donate ? I pay postage !

Fun to get this old girl working again for some of my own dslr videos.

Thank-You in advance !

Phil "KJR"

I used to have four of the Vega 67B's. I would stack them together on a baby plate and put them as close to the edge of frame as possible. They would go through 9 volt batteries by the ton. I believe the Accessory is a Tuchel connector. Just pop the cover off and follow the traces to see what they do.

post-273-0-25588500-1374216887_thumb.jpg

Those were my first wireless over twenty years ago.  I used them with Trams and I had two of them.  I sold them to a production company after owning them for three years and they used them for another ten years after that.  Good sounding VHFs.  For power I wired a project box that was about the same size as the receiver with C-cell batteries and plugged it into the external power jack.  I bundled the box and rx together and parked them near set and they worked really well.  I could run each receiver for about four long days before changing out the C-cells.  I think I had ac power supplies too, but it wasn't always convenient to plug them in.

My Vegas worked best when they stayed in a case on the truck. I know it seems odd to the younger people here, but in the early days I rarely kept the wireless units on the cart --- we would just bring them out and set them up when we had a shot that required them.

"What I would like to know is , is the ACC connector on the front "Tushel or Preh ?"

They are Preh connectors as I remember it.

The unit I have is none diversity 202 mhz. My first nightmares with wireless was with the HME radios back in the late 70s. Even in a shielded TV studio with the antennas right above the stage, if the radios took a hit the sound on the pa speakers would knock you over. When I first started working on a series "21 Jump Street" the mixer had 4 micron none diversity receivers in a homade box he made, when it came to a walk and talk down the hallways it ment having to take the 4 receivers in the box, run as many mic cables back to the cart as we need "100 footers" get a couple of PAs to help pull the cables, and walk the recievers behind the steadycam back to the end mark. I use to dread these shots. It didn't help that the mixer was cheap and had never sent his radios back to the factory to have them tuned. Years later when he retired, I get a phone call from him wondering if I would be interested in buying his package. I politely declined his offer.

OH how far we have come with wireless !

Phil "KJR"