Sony F3 audio return monitor

Did a shoot with the Sony F3 and the audio return had a hum in it  that does not show up on the recording.
I know it isnt my cable because it does not happen with the return from any other camera.
Has anyone else ever had this happen withe the F3?

Thanks,

John

Could be a ground issue - could also be poor quality from the camera. Most Sony returns have some noise. Unless its a camera I'm familiar with I won't stress if the return is substandard; I think you should be able to tell if the problem is in camera or from your send. To further reduce this stress I always record a backup.

Did you connect your headphone directly to the output once? Would be the best test - if the noise is still there, it's definitely the camera. Otherwise it depends ...

Sony monitor outputs are a good test for any wireless noise reduction system by the way >:D

I did Connect my headphone directly to the camera and it was still there.

I have worked on two other shoots with different F3's and they all had the same problem.

I did backup to a separate recorder and as I said the camera audio and the backup did not have the noise.

John