Wounded sound mixers

GrahamTimmer

I feel for you Graham. Those wounds are no joke. I've had very minor versions of that happen to me and it's no fun. Hope you heal soon dude. 

Also, were you on a motorcycle? And I'm not trying be a jerk but I'm curious if that's what you were wearing on the bike when it happened? I had a friend who considered himself an excellent rider tell me once it's not a matter of if you wipe out but when. He was always decked out in safety gear and the year he wrecked his bike and totaled it the gear saved his life. He doesn't ride anymore. 

It was a mountain bike. I was talking about armour the day before, but felt due the simplicity of the rides I have been doing it was unnecessary. I was just doing hill climbs for the interval type training I have been doing. Boy do I wish I was wearing some.

Oh and I was going to go pick up a used XR650L last Saturday, but had a change of heart... That dream is not totally dead though. On hold for now.

I used to ride a motorcycle. Never went down hard. It got stolen when I was in Vegas. I never replaced it. I figured 5 years without an accident was good, and I didn't want to tempt fate...of course the month after I move here to SoCal I get rear ended in my car on the freeway and my car gets totaled and I'm at the chiropractor for 8 months. 

Y'all know Chris Silverman? I used to ride with him when I lived in LA. Well, one time (when I wasn't with him) he was riding on his motorcycle. Chris is the type of guy that always gears up. Full leathers, helmet, gloves..the works. Well, someone had left their campground and forgot their wallet, so he jumped on his bike without gearing up to get them their wallet. On his way back to the campground he low sides and get tore up really bad. The ONE time he rides without gear is when he goes down. I saw him a week or two after it happened. Gnarly stuff. 

SNAP (ish), i wiped out on Saturday night with a combination of a pot hole and having the bike behind hitting mine during the Dunwich Dynamo. Some grazing to my elbow and what feels like a broken rib, fortunately i didn't have work later that day (or next). This probably sounds a bit twisted but I almost enjoyed the pain during the ride, i got quite adrenalized and was able to complete the  rest of the ride quite well (150km) and a bit more. 

Btw a couple of folks falling off their bikes on the same weekend does NOT mean cycling is a particularly dangerous activity, but it does have many psychological and health benefits. I'm just saying this because to the uninitiated, 'bike crash stories' can sound like a whole load of good reasons to consider cycling a reckless pursuit undertaken by anarchists.

Heal well GT, by the looks of it you'll have some 'souvenirs' of the day for a fews years.

Dan.

Holy crap! I'm gonna stop feeling sorry for my (relatively minor) aches and pains! 

Good luck, Graham!

I'm with you, Mr. Sharman: I'm probably gonna have to wear a leg wrap on tomorrow's shoot -- knee is killing me. Between me and Steven Deichen, we have two perfectly good, working legs! 

due the simplicity of the rides I have been doing it was unnecessary.

You can't be mislead by someone who lives on the North Shore of Vancouver when they say something like that.

I once fell for a line like that just before an "easy ride" on Cypress Mtn and almost killed myself ! LOL.

Mtn Biking on the North Shore is a whole different sport.