Quick cellphone recordings

DjGo

Considering cheap options for quick on the fly cellphone recordings (with consent of the person on the other aide off course). I came across this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008AGP5EW. Plugged in to a Olympus voicerecorder..

I also came across another device: http://www.callmynah.com/ but according to one of my favourite location-audio dealers in NL it is not reliable and quality is less than average... it eliminates the need for an extra handheld recorder..

Anyone used it. Is it worth anything. I considered some other options.. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks.
Diego

Very recently I've been recording phone calls for a show I worked on.

I used a cable from Sescom (can't remember the model my number right now sorry) but its basically an iPhone mini jack plug to stereo mini jack socket. Next I plugged in a stereo mini jack plug to xlr adaptor cable and straight into my 788 at line level.

I then set up a conference call with the other 2 phones and had both sides of the call.

With an iPhone, you make the first call, after they answer you tell them to wait. Then "add call". When the second caller answers, press "merge calls".

Here's the most important bit, press "mute" on the phone in your hand so you don't pick up handling noise from yourself or worse, if it's a speaker phone call, you'll get feedback.

Make sure the headphone volume is up around between 3/4 and full on the phone you've tapped into.

Works like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Mega

Dug out the cable, it's a Sescom IPHONE-ADAPT-2. It has the iPhone mini jack which has 2 x rings, tip and sleeve to stereo mini jack socket.

I have another from Sescom called IPHONE-MIC-1RA.

It's a Y - cord, iPhone mini jack (as above) to mini jack socket for monitoring and a female XLR mic input. Haven't used this one on a job yet though.