Space Shuttle booster cams you've seen a million times..

I have been there to cover five Apollo launches at Cape Canaveral (Kennedy when I was there in the 1970s), and the Saturn V launches, do have a "ripping paper" type of quality, with super-deep bass that I've never heard captured by any microphones, one that really kicks you in the gut. It's an awe-inspiring experience.

The enhanced sound of the rocket above was amazing, especially when they break through the atmosphere and it starts getting phasey-weird and "moaning". 2001 is an apt description. 

I have been there to cover five Apollo launches at Cape Canaveral (Kennedy when I was there in the 1970s), and the Saturn V launches, do have a "ripping paper" type of quality, with super-deep bass that I've never heard captured by any microphones, one that really kicks you in the gut. It's an awe-inspiring experience.

The enhanced sound of the rocket above was amazing, especially when they break through the atmosphere and it starts getting phasey-weird and "moaning". 2001 is an apt description.

Lucky Dog : )

~tt

• 2 weeks later...