Are ISOs taking away our creative input?

Diego Sanchez

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of October (I hope) will we start a television serie here. 15 episodes. 45 minutes per episode.

I will work as boom operator.

1. No post production for sound. I mean no re-recording mixers, dialogue editors, supervising sound editors etc. Only the poor "picture" editor will "fix" the levels and little EQ (?). So the production sound will go as "raw" to the public (viewers).

2. According with 1st; there no way for unusable mix track. My mixer have the request to mix, with no faults. That mean will decrease the amount of wireless.

3. How many talents? 7 (or 9) total. That no mean 7 wireless or 7 ISO. That mean the director will get the final picture and final dialogue from close-up shots or from medium shots. My request? Do not miss a word.

4. Total: One boom and two (or three) wireless.

What we can do? To live and work with this situation giving the best result we can. Not only our project is in with this situation, but from what I know the 95% of television series here follow this workflow. It's good or bad I don't know. But the series here sounds ok. Not for award, but ok. And everyone is happy.

:)

A WHOLE lot of great movies were made exactly this way.

philp