Approximate value cmc3 + hc

franky03

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me if this is a good deal?

<Schoeps CMC3 condenser microphone.

Studer body.

Hypercardioid capsule.

Modified by the CBC for use with T-power.>

Im guessing its the mk41 capsule (is there any other hc that would fit there?).

Asking price 650$ cdn

Any downside to the cmc3?

Thank you in advance for your replies...

Franky

Going to T power has actually probably reduced the value....  $650 sounds in the ballpark....  maybe a bit more.. A similar CMC6 P48 with a MK-41 cap. should be valued from @$1000 to $1300 if in great shape...  The market as always will set the price though...

The capsule should say inside after unscrewing (underneath) it if it's a MK-41...in black writing...

Yes I did, right here:

By srab1138

"Another issue is I've always wondered if the 416T was more or less RFI-resistant than a 416 P48. There's theory abound that the T-power actually helps RF resistance by some of its properties."

Although its pretty vague and certainly non scientific, I knew I read something about that somewhere :P

As to if I believe it or not, thats another story.  I agree that logically, the older the mic the less prone it is to rfi...

Franky

" I agree that logically, the older the mic the less prone it is to rfi.. "

you need to work on your reading comprehension as I stated: " older mic's tend to be more susceptible " to RFI

and the quote you found is another "I heard", aka hearsay, isn't it..?

Yes mr Senator...

" I agree that logically, the older the mic the less prone it is to rfi.. "

you need to work on your reading comprehension as I stated: " older mic's tend to be more susceptible " to RFI

and the quote you found is another "I heard", aka hearsay, isn't it..?

Although You need to work on that, too.

Franky quoted the Srab question from another thread in response to your succinct question "did you?" (read about it somewhere?) to demonstrate that he had indeed "read somewhere" something about issues with T-powered mics. And he did. The question was not if whatever he had read, actually provided any useful information.

Secondly, if you state something it is not guaranteed to be correct. So if someone writes something that contradicts you, it's not automatically a reading comprehension problem. Even though, technically I agree with you.

Sorry, now back to topic