Lectrosonics 100 series Rx/tx

JRL

I'm after some advice on the lectro 100 series. My questions are:

Would this be a better buy than a Sennheiser G2/G3?

Does the Tx have a limiter? I've found differing answers in my searches, but they're from sources that I don't trust.

Do they come in blocks lower than 27, I can,t seem to find any used ones for sale below this.

"Would this be a better buy than a Sennheiser G2/G3?"

It depends. 100 series Lectros are generally more expensive than a G2/G3 series Sennheiser set. Are they better or worse? It depends. I recommend reading the manual.

"Does the Tx have a limiter? I've found differing answers in my searches, but they're from sources that I don't trust."

According to the manual which is easily found on Lectrosonics web site, it has a "soft compressor >30dB range"

"Do they come in blocks lower than 27, I can,t seem to find any used ones for sale below this."

Yes, of course. Though there may not be any for sale at this time. If you were to scroll through the "Want to Buy - Want to Sell" portion of this forum you will find previous sales of this very item in different blocks.

I think it is safe to say that you may find more value in the Lectros by virtue of their construction. They are made of sturdier stuff, and might last a little longer if you work gigs that can be tough on gear. Both units work as advertised, and are in use by professionals everyday.