Radio Mic Frequencies in Italy

sonicparticle

I also used channel 38 and 37 in Milan in january with no problems. I was in close proximity and it was just 2 mic's so not a hard test. Senator is right though Italy does vary a lot depending on where you are. If you don't have scanning on your radio mic's I would recommend getting an RF explorer just do you know what's happening.

Many thanks for the replies all.

Of course you're absolutely right about the regional differences.

I will be shooting in Umbria. It seems that Ch38 is locked for Astronomy on a 10-mile radius. But from a quick search there is not a lot of Astronomy going on around there. I will have a better look tomorrow morning.

I have with me four Audio Wireless, 3 x Micron in Ch69 just in  case everything else fails and a couple of G3 (which the go up to and almost to ch43).

am guessing that you dont have the wide frequency range audio wireless then.

Unfortunately not. I got the 600Mhz - 660Mhz ones.

I'll be shooting there tomorrow so I will post the outcomes for "forum posterity".

I am still using that PEGZ3 bag that I got from you about a year ago. Bad for the back but cracking piece of kit when you run and gunning and you need a lot in one place.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just found an official table document describing what's on what frequency in Italy:

http://www.sviluppoeconomico.gov.it/images/stories/documenti/radio/Tabella_B_PNRF_2015.pdf

If you look at it from 470Mhz to 862Mhz, you can see the owner is "Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico" and you can use them ALSO for radiomicrophones.
In the CH38 area you can also find TV and Radioastronomy.

I guess this means you can use radiomicrophones at your own risk. Same for the other frequency bands because they are allocated also for Radio Stations and Mobile Cell phones.

I am not aware of any office or place where you can buy a licence to use a specific frequency band and they don't mention that anywhere in their website. The only mention and chance to buy frequency was for the EXPO2015.

In my experience I would suggest to scan for free frequencies and if you find one you can use, is your until someone else with a more powerfl TX step in.

Not much regulation over there. When I was living there I never bumped into and never heard of anyone who bumped into a "frequency Marshal". I think they don't exist there.

Good luck.

Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico

http://www.sviluppoeconomico.gov.it/index.php/it/comunicazioni/radio/pnrf-piano-nazionale-di-ripartizione-delle-frequenze

As Lamacchiacosta said, there's not much regulation here. 

Actually, you could use any frequencies and nobody will come to ask you which ones you're using. The only limitation is about the transmission power, that has to be 50mW (but, about this too, I can tell you that nobody will never know wich power you're trasmitting at - it is a sort of far west - so you don't have to be scared. There are sound mixers here that are used to transmit with their Lectros at 250mW).

Frequency spectrum is very crowded, especially in the big cities like Rome (due to this lack of regulation, maybe) and it is not very simple to find a hole to fit all your mic frequencies in.

So, if you could, bring with you different blocks, because the situation may be very different even in different areas of the same city.

If you have any further questions or if I could help you in any way, feel free to contact me, I live in Rome.

Best,

Vale.

I've used ch38 right across Europe with no problems apart from France, where for some reason, large crowds of spectators reduced my range to about 10 metres.

I always try to follow local regulations but it can be very difficult to get official guidance.  So I usually rock up, search the internet to see what's what, and see how I go.

• 3 years later...
On 12/2/2015 at 9:37 AM, vale said:

As Lamacchiacosta said, there's not much regulation here. 

Actually, you could use any frequencies and nobody will come to ask you which ones you're using. The only limitation is about the transmission power, that has to be 50mW (but, about this too, I can tell you that nobody will never know wich power you're trasmitting at - it is a sort of far west - so you don't have to be scared. There are sound mixers here that are used to transmit with their Lectros at 250mW).

Frequency spectrum is very crowded, especially in the big cities like Rome (due to this lack of regulation, maybe) and it is not very simple to find a hole to fit all your mic frequencies in.

So, if you could, bring with you different blocks, because the situation may be very different even in different areas of the same city.

If you have any further questions or if I could help you in any way, feel free to contact me, I live in Rome.

Best,

Vale.

Hi Vale,

I came across this post from a few years ago and wondered if this was still the case in Italy - especially Rome? I am potentially coming to Rome for six months in November and wondered what the useable frequencies there are.

Many thanks in advance.

Deian.