Lectro 411a vs 401

Brian Maier

Thanks for the reply scott.  I would have the rx in the bag and snake to 744/camera.  Are they suceptible to rf from something like comteks or just tx in the same rf range as the rx.  If I wanted to run a wireless link to the camera that could be fixed by spreading out the blocks right or is it just the close proximity of the tx/rx that causes the problems.

As for the 411 vs 401 the only differences that I have noticed are the antenna, batteries, and the 401 is slighty smaller(i think?)  Since you have used both what would your reccomendation be and why?

Ill keep the rf interference in mind.  I saw the new pic you posted of your light weight rig.  This is a little off topic but are the zip ties to hold the 302 in or desuade possible thiefs?  I assume to hold in cause a bag that small could grow legs and walk off pretty easily.

Not sure if I am wrong here , but...

I thought the 401's (and 201's) were more susceptible to RF because of their wide front end?

The fix when using a wireless hop is to space the units (Tx sends VS Bag Rx) at least 2 blocks apart or get the Tx's away from the bag Rx's (like clipping them to your belt or up on your shoulders)

AFAIK.

• 2 weeks later...

401s in trouble?

I took delivery of two block 28 401s last Friday.  There was something seriously wrong with them.  The scan showed no open frequencies and the "Check Freq" alert came on.  I had two rental 411s at the time, also block 28.  They showed plenty of open freqs.  Walk testing with a 411 and a 401 on the same frequency, the 401 had terrible range.  I got hits at 30 feet on the other side of a car.  The 411 was good for half a block.

I returned the units to Location Sound.  Bill Hansen confirmed the problem and had repair retune the units.  He tells me everything was fine until the next day when the problem returned.

Alan Barker

• 3 weeks later...

401 Update.

Getting no word from LSC, I called Lectrosonics on Friday and was told that I should send my units in for repair.  Inquiring about the turnnaround, I was told that about 150 units were in the queue.  I had returned my units to LSC anyway and made it clear that I did not want the same ones back.  I was also told that units without the problem would be shipped on wed or thurs of next week.  It's disturbing that Lectrosonics is not issuing a recall. 

Alan Barker

As I understand from Larry, the sheild is the solution. you can call Lectro and/or LSC and ask for Dave or Greg in service. They will help you out.

Can we talk frankly here?  I have been a LSC/Audio Services customer for over 25 years.  As for their repair department, no thanks. 

ab