Top stickyy...

cinetj

Sometimes I have the impression that I have noise on my lavs coming from the glue of top stick tape. This is less frequent with other kinds of tape. Of course, I try to improve this by  fixing as hard as possible the lav on the talent and by using less tape as well. But I would like to know if anyone has already experienced this issue or am I nuts?

Top Stick can be noisy.  I sometimes go to Rycote Stickies when Top Stick is an issue - but generally have less holding power than Top Stick and are definitely 1-time use.  Also, Top Stick on top of more Top Stick sometimes is quieter - over the course of a day, for me, creating a thicker cushion of old Top Stick noticeably helps with the overall noise suppression.

Gosh that link is a while ago...the rig is still my favorite for speed and quietness...I do add a loop and a piece of 0485 sticky about 6 inches below the neoprene sandwich to give support to the cable and this helps. Dive suit repair places will stock the 3mm neoprene...you can tell its the right stuff when one side has a rougher cloth-like surface and the other is super smooth and soft.

BVS