Jeff's dad's amazing car

Rick Albright

Hey Jeff-

Walking around the paddock today at the Historic Festival at Lime Rock . I see this gorgeous Ferrari and go to take a closer look. A close inspection reveals that this car's previous owner was none other than Haskell Wexler.  Who apparently used it as his daily driver to get to the studio !

Please tell me you got to drive this car at some point. That 12 cylinder sure makes a nice sound.

post-356-0-54089600-1377908858_thumb.jpg

I did get to drive it once. Nice to drive a car that can do 140 mph in 1st gear. Pop did drive this car to work, even had his own parking place on the lot. I think Rich Van Dyke (who is also a big car guy and history fanatic) found a picture of this car parked on the lot at Warner Bros. My memory is a little sketchy on this. There was a period of a few years when I was in high school that Pop was importing Ferraris along with Steve McQueen and James Coburn --- I got to see, and sometimes drive, a lot of really fine cars.

I just spoke to my father and he confirmed that this is, in fact, his old 275-LM --- the new owner had contacted Pop and invited him to the car show, even offered to pay his way (not able to go because Pop's been busy with some other stuff). Pop also told me an interesting story that when he was driving the car onto the Warner Bros. lot, the Studio had to change his regular parking spot because the sound of the amazing 12 cylinder engine was ruining sound takes on the stage near where he parked!

I just spoke to my father and he confirmed that this is, in fact, his old 275-LM --- the new owner had contacted Pop and invited him to the car show, even offered to pay his way (not able to go because Pop's been busy with some other stuff). Pop also told me an interesting story that when he was driving the car onto the Warner Bros. lot, the Studio had to change his regular parking spot because the sound of the amazing 12 cylinder engine was ruining sound takes on the stage near where he parked!

HA! I love it.