Rxs + Txs in the bag

pampasound

Hey guys,

Just curious to know what are your experiences (and workarounds) with RF spray between Txs and Rxs in the bag.

I'm presently using blk 21 LMas to send audio to my SRb and blk 22 201 Rx in the same bag. I am experiencing quite a bit of spray on my 201 causing a decrease of range. Should I change the block of my receiver? I know that blk 25 is good in my city. Will this improve my range?

Thanks for sharing the goods!

Try running the transmitter at the lower end of block 21 with the receiver at the higher end of block 22. This can give you almost 50 MHz of separation. Also separate the antennas of the transmitter and the receiver. Often, inches can make a difference. 

Best,
Larry F
Lectro

Pampasound... This topic has been covered multiple times in multiple threads. It is worth reading previous posts on the topic because not only will you learn the answer to your specific question but you will also learn many other helpful and needed facts, opinions, work-arounds, and options regarding transmitters and receivers in close proximity.

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Film, and Commercials.

www.matthewfreed.com

So glad to have you on this board Larry!

Great idea in the freq separation...!

I am already doing the Txs as far as I can from the Rx and it is definitely true that inches will make a fair improvement on range.

Will a blk 25 give me more range?...

Thanks again Larry!

Yes, as will a 411 receiver due to the front end rejection. Separated blocks is the better "value" though.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro