New Kortwich Figure8 Mic

Christian Hermans

• 1 month later...

Hi,

a bit late, but here you can see some images and first look about this microphone. I just heard it against an Neumann 120 and was really surprised, that there is not such an difference, i find the Neumann noisier. Testing it at the weekend and will then write more. 

It comes with two cables, one for Stereo and the other for MS with 5Pin, 2 Rycote clips, an wind foam, Case and Bag. Costs about 600€. 

post-7092-0-80063100-1382559665_thumb.jp

post-7092-0-50966900-1382559775_thumb.jp

post-7092-0-80063100-1382559665_thumb.jp

post-7092-0-50966900-1382559775_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So no news about this ugly little monster? I spent few year trying to find MS mike suits my needs for recording quite atmospheres on expeditions to the middle of nowhere. I tested every single integrated MS mic. And every single one suffered from the same disease. Way to noisy figure of eight element. So I ended up with  MKH50 / 30 combo. It's super quite, it can handle high SPL if necessary, it's durable and has no humidity issues. The sound is on a clinical side, i.e. it does not have the sweetness of Schoeps but the rigidity won. And If I need something less obvious, I use Nagra Ares or SD handheld.