PROBLEM SOLVED - new thin cable DPA 4063 has RF problems

RadoStefanov

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, those two-light LCD screens Zaxcom uses are annoying and give an unfortunate cheap feel. I wish they would move to OLED. That said, the screen on the QRX is very nice.

I remember Jack Norflus mentioning that Zaxcom chose the same two-light screen on the new Camera link transmitter because it gives some sort of RF design advantage though they never elaborated on that..

Thanks Geoff for the thoughtful review.

The XLR/Cone part of our transmitter is of course removable and can be switched to a AES42 or 5 pin stereo mic interface. The XLR is a standard switchcraft type and must interface with many different mics. I am sure it can be better in the future and I will look into it. If we change it any older unit can get a new cone.

The unit runs on 3 AA batteries so it can have a chance at running the Super CMIT which takes a huge amount of power to run. Don't know if you had it transmitting on 2.4G with Zaxnet but I would be interested to see what you would think of the monitor quality.

Best Wishes

Glenn

Constantine: " with no problems whatsoever. "

with no obvious or noticeable problems whatsoever.

Stop re-writing people's comments. I'm going to start editing "It depends" into "yes, I am full of sh*t, I love myself, I really get off on posting hundreds of totally useless one line comments".

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on either the 4063 or the 4073?

recently switched from lectrosonics to zaxcom which has been great operationally. But have been using the sanken cos11,  really don't like their sound. 

I find them a little brash. 

I used countryman with the lectro stuff,   does anyone know how these go with the zaxcom transmitters?  any interference?

Realy hoping DPA has sorted out the interference problem?  want to order asap and get away from the sankens.

did you buy brand new cos11d or used?  old sankens " like any lavs" sound nasty.

also if you liked the countryman and not the sankens, the dpa sound close to the sankens.

Any update on either the 4063 or the 4073?

recently switched from lectrosonics to zaxcom which has been great operationally. But have been using the sanken cos11,  really don't like their sound. 

I find them a little brash. 

I used countryman with the lectro stuff,   does anyone know how these go with the zaxcom transmitters?  any interference?

Realy hoping DPA has sorted out the interference problem?  want to order asap and get away from the sankens.